If you've landed on this blog by mistake, please follow this link:


www.Wisconsin.PreppersNetwork.com

Please update your bookmarks and the links on your sites.



Join our forum at:


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

simple pleasures

A friend at work recently told me she didn't care how hard times got, she wasn't going to give up her hobbies. “What is the use of working if I never enjoy myself?” she said. I was a little taken aback, seeing as times are hard and so many are out of work and some are beginning to get desperate. But on inquiring what her hobbies were I found they were fishing, and camping etc. and I thought she had chosen some good “hobbies.” But it got me to thinking...what do I really look forward to? What do I really enjoy? Am I so busy prepping that I am losing out on the joys that I could be experiencing today?
The older I get the more I recognize that it isn't the “fancy stuff” that really means something, it isn't that big house, or the new car, or the expensive night out on the town. It is found in the jars of home dried and canned foods lining the pantry, the smell of fresh air as I walk around the country side, the phone call to a best friend back home, and the pride that swells up in my heart when I see one of my kids reach out a helping hand to someone in need.
Simple pleasures. Not contrived by some media hype, some “you need to keep up with the times, so buy this, it's the newest thing” baloney.
There is a timeless, priceless treasure in seeing your baby smile for the first time, or having your grown son search high and low for the perfect song for your mother-son dance at his wedding. I have been so blessed. Not that I haven't had to live through hard times, times when I wish I could just stop the world and get off, times of unbelievable physical pain and gut-wrenching emotional suffering. But by the grace of God, I made it through those times to once again enjoy life's blessings.
Sometimes, I just have to stop and breathe and say for right now, today, I have a warm home to live in, plenty of food to eat, clean water to drink and bathe in, and my family is healthy. I have people who love me, people that I love and that is so very much more than many, many people have. And I have to take a break from prepping, and trying to figure out which scenario could be the one we will need to be ready for and worrying about being ready for every possible contingency. Sometimes I have to choose to be in the present moment, this moment, one where plenty still reigns for most of us and there is peaceable travel and order in society.
I know it won't last long, because on every side I feel the oppression closing in. I know we are not far from the tipping point, a time of upheaval the likes of which few of us have ever seen or can image.
But for today, right now, I will choose to be grateful for simple pleasures. I will seek the face of God and enjoy my family. I will make some beautiful memories. I will count my blessings and I will rest.
May God grant you a grateful heart and a peaceful spirit today,
HUP

3 comments:

Gen-IL Homesteader said...

That post was absolutely beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes! Thank you and God bless!

Help U Prep said...

Thank you Gen-Il Homesteader, for stopping by, leaving a comment and for the blessing. May God also bless you!
It is so encouraging to know others are reading and thinking about these things. We need each other now, more than ever.
HUP

Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we from been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] for the benefit of a sustained immediately now and recollect how to harness the enormous power of Xrumer and adapt it into a Banknotes machine.

We also provender the cheapest prices on the market. Numberless competitors see fit order 2x or consistent 3x and a end of the continuously 5x what we responsibility you. But we feel in providing gigantic service at a low affordable rate. The large direct attention to of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper alternative to buying Xrumer. So we focusing to keep that thought in recollection and provide you with the cheapest standing possible.

Not just do we take the greatest prices but our turnaround in the good old days b simultaneously payment your Xrumer posting is super fast. We drive secure your posting done to come you discern it.

We also outfit you with a sated log of successful posts on contrasting forums. So that you can get the idea for yourself the power of Xrumer and how we hold harnessed it to gain your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can expect to apprehend thousands upon thousands of backlinks exchange for your site. Many of the forums that your Location you settle upon be posted on bear high PageRank. Having your association on these sites can really serve strengthen up some top-grade dignity back links and uncommonly boost your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating owing to the roof.

This is making your put more and more popular. And with this developing in celebrity as superbly as PageRank you can keep in view to witness your milieu absolutely rank high-pitched in those Search Locomotive Results.
Conveyance

The amount of see trade that can be obtained before harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your locality to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may still be publishing your locality to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Create 1 post on a all the rage forum drive inveterately cotton on to a leave 1000 or so views, with communicate 100 of those people visiting your site. At once create tens of thousands of posts on fashionable forums all getting 1000 views each. Your traffic ordain go through the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or bizarre nearly your site. Imagine how assorted sales or leads you can achieve with this considerable number of targeted visitors. You are in fact stumbling upon a goldmine friendly to be picked and profited from.

Reminisce over, Shipping is Money.
[/b]

GET YOUR INFERIOR BLAST TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com

Wisconsin Preppers Network Est. Jan 17, 2009 All contributed articles owned and protected by their respective authors and protected by their copyright. Wisconsin Preppers Network is a trademark protected by American Preppers Network Inc. All rights reserved. No content or articles may be reproduced without explicit written permission.